UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
UDC is currently seeking a full-time Accountant to support our organization. The selected candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
What you will do
As an Accountant for UDC, you will be key in analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports for the company and ensuring accuracy and efficiency of our financial operations. You will assist our employees and subcontractors with submission of payroll and process bi-weekly multi-state payroll. Our Accountant participates in company projects by preparing customer invoices, project time reports and financial reports for distribution and review. You will maintain time and expense system lists, review vendor invoices, reconcile monthly bank and credit card accounts and maintain details of fleet cost and personal use of company vehicles. Our Account also assists our Accounting Manager with month end, property accounting and tax returns.
What we look for from you
We are looking for you to hold certification from a four-year college or university program and have 3-5 years related accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and training. You will possess knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting and Microsoft Office software including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. CPA certification is preferred; project accounting and payroll experience is a plus.
You will also demonstrate:
- Customer service savvy including the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond to customer needs, solicit feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service in a timely manner
- The ability to work in a team environment, assist and support co-workers, work cooperatively in group situations and work actively to resolve conflicts
- Solid problem-solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to communicate effectively expressing ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form and utilizing the appropriate communication methods with the customer, your team and upper management
- A high level of ethics including treating people with respect, keeping commitments, acting in a manner that inspires trust, and upholding organizational values
- Competency in required job skills and knowledge exhibiting ability to learn and apply new skills and adapt to new technologies, troubleshoot technological problems, use technology to increase productivity and maintain technical skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and use resources effectively while displaying understanding of how job relates to others
- Adaptability in managing competing demands and changing approach or method to best fit the situation
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match