UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
We are seeking a full-time Project Engineer to lead our System Integration team. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President of System Integration.
What you will do
As our Project Engineer, you will lead and supervise collaborative technical teams of 3-6 employees on new and existing client GIS software installations, implementations and integration projects. Working with large client databases and utilizing your experience with multiple technologies and programming languages, you will engineer and oversee solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for defining and managing all deliverables and their technical components throughout the project lifecycle directly ensuring team and client success. Servicing client projects will require extensive travel.
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match
What we look for from you
We are looking for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering from four-year college or university; and five years related experience providing energy delivery solutions to the electric distribution industry. We would also like you to have 3+ years scripting and software development experience in addition to experience with requirements, design, test, documentation, change management and training. A background in Electric & Gas Utility Systems or Fiber networks is a plus.
You will also demonstrate:
- The ability to continuously adapt to new technologies, implement technologies to increase productivity and maintain technical skills and knowledge
- Successful management and completion of projects on-time and within budget
- Team leadership skills fostering team cooperation and supporting group problem solving to ensure progress toward company and project goals
- The capacity to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by successfully developing alternative solutions
- The ability to communicate effectively expressing ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form and utilizing the appropriate communication methods with the customer, upper management and your team
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases
- Expertise with both scripting structured programming AND object oriented programming
- Expertise with SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Proficiency in: .NET; SQL Server; Oracle; ArcGIS Server; ArcGIS Desktop; ArcObjects; ArcSDE; ArcGIS Mobile Runtime SDK; ArcGIS Online; ArcFM Desktop for Electric; Visio; Microsoft Office