UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
UDC is currently seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our finance department and perform the major reporting and reconciliation duties for our company. The selected candidate will report to the Accounting Manager.
What you will do
Our Senior Accountant is a vital member of our team helping to ensure accuracy and efficiency of our financial operations. We will look to you to analyze working processes for potential efficiencies and implement automated solutions to achieve greater efficiencies. As Senior Accountant, you will prepare financial reports, forecast for overhead and project cost centers, provide variance analysis of actuals compared to budget and assist with the transition of cash basis accounting to accrual based accounting. Other items on your to do list will include review and oversight of contract billing, review of vendor invoices, coordination and reconciliation for insurance and 401K audits and completing use and property tax returns. You will also assist with bi-weekly payroll, reviewing month end close and work with external auditors for review process.
What we look for from you
We are looking for you to hold certification from a four-year college or university program and have at least 5 years related accounting experience. You will possess knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting and Microsoft Office software including advanced Microsoft Excel skills. CPA certification is preferred; project accounting experience is a plus.
You will also demonstrate:
- The ability to work in a team environment, assist and support co-workers, work cooperatively in group situations and work actively to resolve conflicts
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical articles, financial reports, and legal documents
- Capability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with a focus on providing a high level of customer service
- Experience with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and skills in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Solid problem-solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective communication expressing ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form utilizing the appropriate communication methods with the customer, your team and upper management
- A high level of ethics including respect for others, keeping commitments, acting in a manner that inspires trust and upholds organizational values
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and use resources effectively
- Competency in required job skills and ability to learn and apply new skills including adapting to and introducing new technologies to increase efficiency
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match