UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Software Developer to lead our GIS development team. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President, Systems Integration.
What you will do
As a Senior Software Developer, you will lead and direct a team of developers and analysts in the design, development and maintenance of Geographic Information System (GIS) applications supporting our clients’ network models. You will work to provide value to asset management, engineering, system operations and our utility clients’ mobile workforce. Travel to our client site is required (2 weeks per month on average) to obtain third-party GIS configuration specifications, web application specifications and integration specifications. Together with your team, you will participate in the design process and review designs of geospatial web and desktop tools. The Senior Software Developer documents, develops, tests and deploys software that incorporates third party GIS technology while ensuring adherence to project documentation standards. You will also work with our GIS implementation team to assess and structure datasets to appropriate graphic map output requirements and electrical network tracing analysis.
What we look for from you
We are looking for a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience providing energy delivery solutions to the electric distribution industry. We would also like you to be familiar with GIS development standards, testing and quality procedures and have knowledge of Electric Utility Business Systems including Outage Management Systems, Mobile Workforce Management Systems, Enterprise Asset Management Systems, Work Management Systems, Distribution Planning Systems, and Customer Information Systems.
You will also demonstrate:
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Proficiency in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Team leadership skills fostering team cooperation and supporting group problem solving to ensure progress toward company and project goals
- Solid problem solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The capacity to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- The ability to communicate effectively expressing ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form and to effectively present information to upper management, customers and public groups
- Knowledge of all phases of a software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match