UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
To support our growing project load, we are seeking a full-time GIS Software Developer to join our System Integration team. The selected candidate will report to the Project Manager.
What you will do
As a UDC GIS Software Developer you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of Geographic Information System applications supporting our clients’ network model. You will work with the GIS implementation team to assess and structure datasets to appropriate graphic map output requirements and perform network tracing analysis. Working with your team, you will assist in the design of geospatial web and desktop tools and in usability testing of all GIS-based products. The Software Developer helps to document, develop, test and deploy software that incorporates third party GIS technology according to project documentation standards. While serving UDC’s client base, you will travel 25% - 75% (1-3 weeks per month).
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match
What we look for from you
At a minimum, we are looking for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university. We would also like you to be familiar with GIS development standards, testing and quality procedures. Knowledge of Oracle; ArcGIS Server; ArcGIS Desktop; ArcObjects; ArcSDE; ArcGIS Mobile Runtime SDK; ArcGIS Online; ArcFM Desktop for Electric; Visio; Subversion; Web Services; IBM Websphere ESB is desired. Knowledge of Electric Utility Business Systems including Outage Management Systems, Mobile Workforce Management Systems, Enterprise Asset Management Systems, Work Management Systems, Distribution Planning Systems, DG Applications and Customer Information Systems is preferred.
You will also demonstrate:
- The ability to generate creative solutions and modify design based on feedback provided
- The ability to adapt to new technologies, troubleshoot technological problems, use technology to increase productivity and maintain technical skills
- Solid problem-solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to work in a team environment, assist and support co-workers, work cooperatively in group situations and work actively to resolve conflicts
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) with clients and fellow colleagues in English
- Adaptability in managing competing demands and changing approach or method to best fit the situation
- The capacity to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- The capacity to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Knowledgeable of all phases of a software development lifecycle (SDLC) that includes specifications, design, unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, user training, performance testing, bug and enhancement triage, and remediation planning
- Understanding and practice of Agile development methodology