UDC assists Gas & Electric Utilities with their projects and programs. We provide services required to build, integrate, enhance and implement technology systems and solutions leading the industry.
Our primary mission is to ensure the success of our clients focusing always on customer satisfaction. UDC has a friendly, committed and professional team who support each other and are passionate about what we do. We leverage our experience in helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
UDC is currently seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to support our organization. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President of Finance.
What you will do
As our Accounting Manager, you will supervise and maintain your accounting team and direct accounting activities within UDC’s finance department. This includes supervising and participating in the preparation of various financial statements and reports and directing the maintenance and documentation of all accounting records. You will work together with the Controller assisting in cost analyses and rate studies, with internal and external audits and with the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting systems, policies, procedures and controls.
What we look for from you
We are looking for you to hold a four-year college degree in Accounting or a related financial field, five to ten years related accounting experience and two to five years supervisory experience. You will possess knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting and Microsoft Office software. CPA certification is a plus.
You will also demonstrate:
- Team leadership skills fostering team cooperation and supporting group problem solving to ensure progress toward company and project goals
- The ability to effectively delegate work assignments matching the responsibility to the person, give proper authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities while providing recognition for results
- Solid problem solving skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- The ability to pass sound and accurate judgment, include appropriate people in decision-making process and make timely decisions
- A high level of ethics including treating people with respect, keeping commitments, acting in a manner that inspires trust, and upholding organizational values
- Understanding of business implications of decisions and orientation to profitability
- The ability to communicate effectively expressing ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form and utilizing the appropriate communication methods with the customer, your team and upper management
- Customer service savvy including the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond to customer needs, solicit feedback to improve service and respond to requests for service in a timely manner
- The ability to set and achieve challenging goals, demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles or take calculated risks to accomplish goals
Why you should bring your career to UDC
UDC is a growing organization in technology, recognition and breadth, and we offer outstanding growth opportunities for you. Our culture of teamwork and team building promotes the development of our employees helping you to learn by example and providing opportunities to lead and excel to the next level. We are dedicated to investing in you and encourage a healthy work/life balance. UDC takes pride in offering a high-quality benefits package to all our employees.
Our Benefits at a glance
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Long Term Disability (Employer Paid)
- Basic Term Life and AD&D (Employer Paid)
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- 401K & Employer Match